Wednesday, December 10, 2008

CROCHETED DIVINE HATS

I've been knitting and crocheting quite a bit lately. This pattern I discovered through my daughter Karin's Ravelry page. she had made one and it looked cute and easy. It was easy--once I re-educated myself on how to do front and back posts--and they went very quickly. The design is from Rheatheylia. The first one I made from a very soft yarn using the recommended size K and I hooks; The only modifications I made were to only do 6 instead of 7 of the 4dc rows--no need to fold back the ribbing--and use hdc instead of sc for the transition to "ribbing"--it was easier to find the "posts".





The second one was made using a heavier off-white yarn and I tried smaller hooks--J and H--so needed to do the 7th 4dc row.





The third was made using black I Love That Yarn, though I had started it with the heavier Red Heart Super Saver and frogged it as being too bulky. This one is for me, and I used the K and I hooks and 6 rows of 4dc. I started this on Sunday, did a lot while sitting in the Social Security Office on Monday, and finished the last 2 rows on Tuesday.



No comments: