Thursday, August 30, 2012


This month's Ravelry What a Kool Way to Dye group challenge was to deliberately keep some parts of the yarn free from dye. The first version I did was using a sleeve from a thrift-shop sweater--white 50% wool, 50% acrylic.
I tied bulls-eyes with rubber bands, like in tie-dyeing, and did the first dyeing with Kool Aid Peach Mango.
I added more rubber bamd ties and took a few away and dyed again with Lemon Lime Kool Aid. Last I added more ties and took a few away again and redyed with Mixed Berries KA.
Unraveled and wound, the yarn is more pastel looking because of the white left because it was already knit. It will probably become a hat.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012


I got this kit at a sale and it's just been sitting around. I was kind of burned out from all the knitting and crocheting I've been doing and wanted to do some counted cross stitch to give my hands a rest--and I need another glasses case. this was a good do-some-every-day type of project and there was no deadline. I used three strands instead of two and like the way it looks very much. Now I want to add a lining and it'll be good to go.