What I'm Working on Now: craft projects, books I'm reading, new recipes I've found, etc.
Thursday, August 30, 2012
AUGUST YARN DYEING CHALLENGE: RESISTS, pt 1
This month's RavelryWhat a Kool Way to Dye group challenge was to deliberately keep some parts of the yarn free from dye.
The first version I did was using a sleeve from a thrift-shop sweater--white 50% wool, 50% acrylic.
I tied bulls-eyes with rubber bands, like in tie-dyeing, and did the first dyeing with Kool Aid Peach Mango.
I added more rubber bamd ties and took a few away and dyed again with Lemon Lime Kool Aid.
Last I added more ties and took a few away again and redyed with Mixed Berries KA.
Unraveled and wound, the yarn is more pastel looking because of the white left because it was already knit. It will probably become a hat.