Sunday, February 25, 2007

KNIT SPIRAL HAT

This is the hat I knit last year during The Apprentice and American Idol. The pattern is from Handknit Holidays: Knitting Year-Round for Christmas, Hanukkah, and Winter Solstice by Melanie Falick.



Although every time I measured it seemed to be in gauge, it turned out huge. I gave it to Fabien, but he gave it back saying it was too big for him(!)--and he didn't like the I-cord top. I was going to frog it, but, instead, I donated it to PADS. I hope it fit someone and kept them very warm.

I made the hat again, much smaller, in red and gray for Yvonne--with just a plain top. [Picture later] I'll have to make something else for Fabien since I'm tired of the pattern.

[This has been a test of putting phots online again; I think it worked.]

No comments: